5 ways to save money on everything
While we aggregate all of the best discounts for you, we want you to be able to find the best deals in Austin yourself. I’ve discovered a lot of ways to save money over the years, some are easy some are hard.
Here are 5 of my favorites.
- Coupon codes – super easy these days with websites that regularly aggregate them all. My favorite is RetailMeNot
- Cash Back portals – many stores (including big ones like Walmart) will offer a discount if you buy through a portal. My favorite is Cashback Monitor because it aggregates all of them.
- Amex Offers – American Express regularly offers fantastic discounts if you link the deal to a card and then use that card to make a purchase. I’ve received deals like $25 off $50 at Amazon or $25 off $100 at Flemings. The Everyday Card is great Amex to get started
- Buy discounted Gift Cards – there is a huge market to buy and resell gift cards. Cardpool and Gifftcards.com are good ones.
- Ask! – I can’t believe how often this works , but no one ever does it. Simply ask the salesperson/clerk – “can you give me a discount.” For example – often times they have various promotions but their not supposed to offer without you mentioning it. I’d say it works at least 20% of the time