Amazon has some great deals on the Motorola Moto G Unlocked Smartphone (4th Gen, XT1625) .
Notes on the Moto G4
The Moto G4 has always been one of the best phones in the “cheap” market. I’ve had it as my backup phone for over year and it’s come in handy when I (without fail) dropped and cracked my main one. I’ve recommended it to friends who were in similar situations and they’ve all reported back happy. The camera, while certainly not iPhone or Pixel quality is surprisingly good for the price. It’s unlocked so you can use it across any carrier (I personally have T-Mobile and it worked perfectly). Like most Motorola phones it contains little to no bloatware and is as close to “pure” android as you’re likely to get without entering Nexus territory. Battery life is more than adequate and while the charger is nothing like my USB-C, it still is pretty rapid.
Overall this is a no brainer if you’re looking for a backup or just do fine with a slightly lower spec (but much cheaper) phone.
Moto G4 Specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 Octa-core processor
- 5.5″ Full HD 1080p IPS display
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB/16GB Internal Storage
- MicroSD Card Slot (up to 256GB)
- 13MP rear + 5MP front-facing cameras
- 3000 mAh battery (non-removable)
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (upgradable to 7.0 Nougat)